Emergency dentist in Hollywood, Florida
Dental emergencies are unexpected and often painful disruptions to your day. When tooth pain, broken dental work, or a knocked-out tooth create a dental emergency, you need urgent dental care. Our gentle, compassionate office in Hollywood, Florida is ready to care for your dental concerns and help you gain tooth pain relief as quickly as possible.
Chipped teeth, abscesses, objects stuck between your teeth, and knocked-out teeth can all cause intense tooth discomfort and require immediate treatment. The sooner you come into our office, the better your treatment outcome. Our friendly office staff is here to help you restore your beautiful, pain-free smile following an emergency.
If you’re seeking relief from a dental emergency, give our Hollywood, Florida office a call today.
Our skilled team is ready to treat your urgent dental needs including:
Knocked out tooth
Something stuck between teeth
Damaged dental work
What to do in a dental emergency:
Give your dentist’s office a call right away.
When you need urgent dental care in Hollywood, Florida, give us a call. Our emergency dental services are here to help. We will book an appointment for you as soon as possible. Our caring team will see you as soon as possible so we can offer the best outcome during your dental emergency.
The sooner you can come into the dentist’s office, the better the outcome we can guarantee for your emergency.
Two common dental accidents include knocked-out teeth and chipped teeth. By following the tips below, you can increase your chances of saving your natural tooth and requiring minimal intervention in our office.
Knocked out tooth:
Knocked-out teeth can be very frightening. Fortunately, it’s not a cause for panic. With prompt care, we can often save a natural tooth. Seeking immediate dental care is critical for saving your tooth. By following the tips below, you’ll receive the best possible outcome:
- Find the tooth – hold the tooth by the crown and avoid touching the root, if possible.
- Clean the tooth with running water.
- Reinsert the tooth, if possible. If you’re able to reinsert the tooth into your mouth, your chances of saving the tooth are very good.
- If you can’t reinsert the tooth, place it in a glass of milk. The sugars and proteins in the milk will preserve the tooth for a few hours until you can make it to your emergency visit.
- Pack the hole with cotton to stop the bleeding
Broken and chipped teeth are another common dental emergency. Immediate treatment of a broken or chipped tooth is critical.
Broken teeth require emergency dental care – they will not heal on their own. Immediate dental care prevents further damage to the tooth.
If you break or chip a tooth, contact your dentist as soon as possible. Then, follow these tips to care for your mouth leading up to your appointment:
- Rinse your mouth with cool water
- Apply gentle pressure to stop the bleeding
- Preserve the broken tooth fragment until you can reach the office by placing it in a glass of milk
- To reduce pain and swelling, apply a cold compress
- If the tooth pain is severe, you can take over-the-counter pain medication to alleviate the pain
Whether it’s severe tooth pain or damaged dental work, if you’re experiencing a dental emergency, contact our Hollywood, Florida office immediately. We look forward to caring for you.